Today's lows: headquarters losing my medical insurance information; losing Scrabble (and badly--but what can you do with a rack of A A A O O O Y ?); getting my car worked on
Today's highs: finally getting an answer about whether I need to go to training in Colorado (no), setting an end date at work (August 26), encouragement from a respected professor, getting a pile of mail from a neighbor (apparently the mailcarrier can't get our postboxes straight), watching Jake carry around his new teddy bear, reading the (very dry, very witty) blog of a childhood friend I haven't seen in ten years (at least).
I'm Santa Barbara-bound this weekend (anyone out there want to dog-sit the cutest dog in the world. I'm so pathetic, he's not even mine!) I'm showing Patrice and Marcus around and visiting family. I love that town: the wall, Xanadu's, Reynolds Gallery, Paradise Cafe, Gibraltar, the Mission, driving APS and the 101. It's bittersweet: showing good friends around a place I love, and a place that I won't be visiting again for quite awhile.
Today I went back and read about my recent EFL (English as a Foreign Language) trips. I'm sad that I probably won't see any of them again, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed that when I start working in France I'll have a chance to go back to their amazing country.
9 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment