Today is a terrible, horrible, no-good, very bad day. (If you don't get the reference, you haven't spent enough time with children's lit.)
Did I mention I don't like it?
I am pouting (lip out, shoulders sagging--the works) because we just said good-bye to Candice who is moving to Philly, and Nancy is leaving at 5:00 for Palo Alto. And I announced my leave date (somewhere between Aug 17 and 26) in an office-wide gathering today. For the next few weeks, I'll be saying good-byes everyday. I know God is leading me to France, and I am excited to serve Him there, but these days are SAD. I spend more time with my co-workers than anyone else these days, and they are not only friends, but also surrogate brothers, sisters, mothers and fathers (except for Elaine, who is a cousin...long story).
On top of that, some people dear to my heart, who live on the other side of the world, are in trouble and all I can do is pray. Not to minimize the power of prayer...but I want to do something...how American and type-A of me. As I am an American, and my mother assures me I am a Type-A (I don't see it...), this isn't surprising. Ah well, this is (unfortunately) going to become more and more common as I step into my work position in France.
Patrice, stellar roommate that she is, bought a chocolate and coffee ganache for my birthday yesterday, and most of it is still in freezer. I'm going to eat it when I get home.
All of it.
9 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment