Tuesday, August 9

please define "impossible"

Ok--I was applying for a visa so that I could help out with that whole "feed the hungry" thing I sometimes do. Here's how the conversation went as I talked with my visa agent:

Monday:
Annie: May I have a visa?
Grouchy Lady: Under current situation it is impossible. Under normal situation it is often impossible. It is impossible.

Tuesday (aka Annie's birthday):
Annie: May I have a visa?
Grouchy Lady: It is impossible. And we're closed.

Wednesday:
Annie: May I have a visa?
(no answer. They were closed.)

Thursday:
Annie was too busy to call, and started worrying about whether this trip was "smart." Decided: if God wants me to go, He'll get me the impossible visa. But, it's impossible. So I guess I'm not going.

Friday:
Amazed Lady (formerly "Grouchy Lady"): Annie? The man said he will give you a visa. You will have it on Tuesday.
Annie: Thank you.

Impossible? Shimpossible. Nothing's impossible.

1 comment:

Patrice & Martin said...

I think officially you're supposed to say "shmimpossible". It's OK, I'm sure it was just a typo on your part.