The message of the cross is foolishness
to those who are perishing,
but to us who are being saved
it is the power of God...
For the foolishness of God
is wiser than man's wisdom,
and the weakness of God
is stronger
than man's stregnth...
But God chose the foolish things
of the world to shame the wise;
God chose the weak things
of the world to shame the strong.
I Cor. 1:18,25,28
While I was in North Africa, the man I was working with said, "If all of these people I work with--who are poor, uneducated, unknowledgeable--can change the world for Christ, how much more should the educated, wise, knowledgeable people in the West be radically changing their countries." This man, who is highly educated himself, has spent much of his life among people without formal education, and I don't think the truth of this verse has hit him. He thinks that those he works with are "the least of these." In some ways they are. But in more ways they are the wisest, most blessed people I have ever met.
No comments:
Post a Comment