The media tends to dedicate the last week of December to inane lists, and this year I've decided to join them. This list is titled:
"Ten Things I've Learned From my Arab/Persian/Armenian/etc. Women Friends."
10. You are never fully dressed without your perfume.
9. Nothing is too important or too lowly for gilt and lace.*
8. More jewelry. Always.*
7. Eating separated from the men is not a punishment. It can be a gift.
6. Headscarf hair is WAY worse than hat hair.
5. Men everywhere love to roast meat over fire (it's not just an anglo thing).
4. Education is of utmost importance, and somewhat unrelated to what one "does" after school/university.**
3. An indirect compliment is stronger than a direct one. The same is true of insults.
2. It's REALLY fun to yell out "Aye-yi-yi-yi" at celebrations, and you're never too old to do it.
1. My hair is blonde.
*They haven't quite convinced me of this one yet...
**I already knew this one.
9 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment