After an event-filled drive into the city in the rain (we should have taken BART--I was harboring hopes of the Golden Gate and the Presidio when we left, though), we started out at Grace Cathedral. Sunday morning, and it was deserted.

Marcus and I at the top of Nob Hill (I think--locals are free to correct me). I was very proud of myself for hiking SF hills in my high-heeled boots--although I received a little help keeping upright on sidewalks on a 30-degree grade covered in slippery fallen leaves. The wind was so gusty, that it blew my scarf off twice. In this photo I'm holding my jacket to keep it from flapping.

Marcus and Jason tried to look "modern" and "artistic" at SFMOMA. Unfortunately, Jason can't not smile, and the photographer hadn't mastered the art of "focus." Who took this photo anyway?

How often do you see a brick semi-gothic Anglican church, decorated with Chinese lanterns, with skyscrapers in the background? I love this city...

more photos when blogger lets me...
1 comment:
by the way, i love merton! definitely not a light read. i have seven storey mountain and his asian journal too, but it will probably take me the rest of my life to finish them all :)
Post a Comment