Friday, April 28

Other people's thoughts

Umm...so I've finished my week's work, and Monday is a national holiday (One of the beauties of living in a foreign country is being surprised by holidays...one of the downsides is not getting the 4th of July or Thanksgiving off). I ended up at an interesting blog that is going to need some more of my attention, at some later date... Here is a quote I pulled off of it:

"I hope that tonight you realize that somehow, in someway, you made it to where you are. Somehow you will make it to tomorrow and it will be full of grace. I hope that your journey of grace will be filled with new people and new experiences that break your paradigm of God and move you towards the knowledge that God loves you and actually likes you."
_______________________________

This was written by someone who is currently with the organization I served with in Budapest 10,000 years ago. The article isn't the best one I've ever read--but interesting, nonetheless. Here his final quote:

"When I follow Jesus instead of success, I have his permission to fail. I don’t have permission to be a slacker. Nor do I have permission to force God’s plan for me to fit some juvenile ideal of success. I can let God work and rejoice that he’s got an essential part for me to play. That’s my definition of success: Being who God made me to be with everything he gave me."

No comments: