Monday, April 3

traveling

Well, I'm back. At least physically. I'm not sure where my mind, heart and spirit are. 'Cause they aren't here.

First the fabulous, amazing, unbelievable news: I got an apartment! And keys! And I moved some things in. Today is our final appointment for financial transactions, but it seems that I will soon have a place all my own. If you would like the address, email me. Now to get a phone...

My trip was un-blog-able, but my friend/co-worker and I started working on "The Twelve Days of Traveling" during our interminable trip back to France. It went something like this:

"Through my days of traveling, my work trip gave to me:
12 moving sidewalks*
11 sets of stairs
10 unhelpful airline workers
9 slow elevators
8 different languages
7 flourescent-lit terminals
6 bumpy flights
5 new bruises!
4 airplane meals
3 countries
2 continents
and an unexpected solar eclipse!"

*many of the twelve were apparently solely for decorative purposes, as they did not, in fact, move.

More to come...

1 comment:

Jen said...

Welcome back! I too have just returned, though not from such epic a journey. I love your "12 days" approach to story telling... maybe I'll use it to tell my Estonia stories. :)