Dear road maintenance workers of Corbeil-Essonnes--
First, let me tell you how much I admire your work. With our town's narrow streets, one-way-at-a-time bridges and tunnels, and steep hills, your work is to be lauded. So, I laud.
I also understand that you must work during off-peak hours. I live at the base of a busy T-intersection, and I allow that if you want to work there, it would be best to avoid rush hour, or when the local school lets out.
That said, I would like to ask who thought it was a GOOD idea to work on the street outside my building from 2:00-3:30 AM! Because it wasn't a good idea. The generators were not good. The idling truck engines were not good. The flashing orange lights were not good. Nothing about your work was good last night, except perhaps the result of your labors, whatever it was that you were doing.
In the future, please conduct such work between, for instance, 9 pm and midnight. I watch the traffic. I know my street is not busy then. And please, do not identify yourselves to me to apologize or for any other reason. Because, if you do, you will hear all the words that I have kept out of this message in order than my blog remain family-friendly.
Exhaustedly,
Mlle. Ann-Elise
9 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment