Friday, June 2

Peut-être

Hoy, un hombre de mi compañía del cellphone le me llamó. For diez minutos, él y yo hablábamos en español, porque mi francés es terrible. Y, aunque él es francés, y yo soy un norteamericano, aunque él habla español como un Castillian, y yo hablo como una Mexicana, y aunque nosotros estábamos en él teléphono con uno conexión asi-asi...nosotros entenden. Gloria al Dios!

Peut-être je n'suis pas un idiot de langue.

And in English: Today, a man from my cellphone company called me. For ten minutes he and I were speaking in Spanish, because my French is terrible. And, although he is French, and I am an American, although he speaks Spanish like a Castillian, and I speak like a Mexican, and although we were on the telephone with a so-so connection...we understood each other. Glory!

Perhaps I am not a language idiot.

1 comment:

Jen said...

This is a great entry! It's funny 'cause I'm in the midst of a little experiment - did I tell you? Since I'm traveling in Spanish, French and Russian speaking countries in the next two months, I am trying to make trilingual flash cards for the various phrases I'll need! Why learn just one language when you could be learning three?! We'll see how it goes! It just means that last night I was reading through my old Spanish books and finding myself plesantly surprised at how much I remember. Now for French pronunciation and Russian grammar... ugh.