-
-
gazole (diesel) = 1.20 euro/liter
petrol (gasoline) = 1.35 euro/liter
1 euro = $1.2739
1 liter = 0.2642 gallons
Therefore...
diesel = $1.53/liter
gasoline =$1.73/liter
Furthermore...
diesel = $5.80/gallon
gas = $6.55/gallon
Approximate prices, although I have found diesel for 1.09 euro. As the euro gets stronger, the story gets sadder...
9 years ago
3 comments:
Yeah, the reality of these costs hit me when I had to fill up my rental car prior to returning it... the charge on my bank statement was $53! And this was for a high-milage, tiny box of tin-type car... Yikes. :)
So, are you counting days like I am? Seeing you SOON!
Oh...I am SO excited for some time away. I'm already planning a fancy girly picnic in the Fontainebleau woods, near Barbizon, where a whole gaggle of landscape painters (like Millet) camped out about 150 years ago. And a couple churches I haven't seen yet. And ...
Can we see countryside?! Loire Valley? Or Normandy? We have, like 5 days, and I honestly don't feel the need to do a whole lot in Paris 'cause I had 11 days there back in '97. If I visit a couple favorite spots and drink a cappucino while talking with you about poetry, I think I'll be set. Woods and trees and flowers and villages are happier to me these days than cities. :)
Post a Comment