Hmmm--- So MSN.com had an article today (sponsored by one of the job-hunt websites) about the cities with the best employment numbers:
1. Jackson, Tenn. 2. Lafayette, Ind.
3. Phoenix, Ariz. 4. Boise, Idaho
5. Biloxi-Gulfport, Miss. 6. Reno, Nev.
7. Miami-Ft. Lauderdale, Fla. 8. Palm Springs, Calif.
9. Kansas City, Mo.-Kan. 10. Tucson, Ariz.
11. Baltimore, Md. 12. Orlando, Fla.
13. Philadelphia, Pa. 14. Columbia, S.C.
15. Lafayette, La. 16. Fort Myers-Naples, Fla.
17. Binghamton, N.Y. 18. Utica, N.Y.
19. Rockford, Ill. 20. Wichita-Hutchinson, Kan.
Hmm... I've already lived in Lafayette, IN.
I know people from Wichita/Hutchinson who swear never to go back.
Wasn't Kansas City just labeled the most crime-ridden city in America?
I have jobs waiting for me in Orlando...but, NO.
There are a few places on here that don't sound TOO bad--Reno, Boise, Columbia, Philly, Miami, Phoenix: mostly because I've never been there (except Reno). But overall, the list isn't too encouraging. Why couldn't the places I want to live be there?
9 years ago
4 comments:
Hey there--It was our nasty cross-state rival, St. Louis that was most crime ridden. KC (at least Prairie Village) is a paradise. And don't listen to those Kansas bashers who leave and never want to go back. I love Wichita and Hutch. Maybe Mark and I should go get jobs at the Boeing plant!
Kansas, land of Aaahhhs
nancy
If you move to the Phoenix area you not only get warm weather, but you get to see Jake and George!
I take it that Orlando is not the promised land, eh? The list you posted is deceiving, because althought they might have plentiful jobs, they very could be low paying or the wrong field. Orlando has plenty of construction gigs. If you did a search on best places to live, you would come up with a different list. Money, not considered, San Francisco is usually at the top of Sperling's list of best places to live under my criteria.
I apologize to all KCers out there...it was an honest mistake. Mea faulta.
Well, Sir GRFX01--you know I agree with you on SF. And, you're right, hardhats aren't my speciality. I don't know who this Mr Sperling is, but he sounds like a smart fellow. :)
Jake and George would be huge incentive to Arizona. But, as a former pastor said, witnessing to people in Phoenix is hard: the winters are so nice, they don't need heaven, and the summers are so hot, they're not scared of hell.
Oh well. I just need to remind myself that moving again is an adventure, and not a reason for stress! :)
Post a Comment