Thursday, December 21

family living

-
-
There are many wonderful advantages to moving in with one's parents, especially when one's siblings are home for the holidays. For instance, when something goes "bump" in the night, I don't wake up and wonder if I should either investigate or hide. Instead, my sunconscious blames it on a brother, and I don't wake up at all.

There's always food in the fridge and pantry. It might not be the food I want to eat, and it may involve, y'know, cooking. But, now I never have to choose between hunger, or getting out of my pj's and running to the store.

At night, I never worry about whether the door is locked. My parents are a little obsessive about it, and so I don't have to be!

There's a dog, and I don't have to feed him, brush him, or walk him (at 17 years old he limps horribly, and we've lost the leash).

But, not all is rosy:

When I do go to the grocery store, the food I buy disappears! I bought a large box of Trader Joe's frosted mini-wheats a couple days ago, and this morning I ate the remnants at the bottom with milk for breakfast--it was only my second serving.

I opened a half-gallon of cranberry juice a couple days ago and is has disappeared entirely.

I have to share the computer, the piano, the television, and even storage space in my own closet!

Overall, I'm getting a good deal. But right now I've got to grab another cup of coffee before the pot becomes mysteriously empty again.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dear Sweet Annie,

Hope you are enjoying Christmas "en famille". We have had a good few days, food, fun and hanging around in new jammies. We miss you and wish you joy and peace in 2007!

love, nancy