Our house just shook HARD. Today is my brother's birthday. You may think that this is a coincidence, but natural disasters seem to follow him. The San Clemente pier was destroyed the day he was born, the land under my grandparents' beach house slid out on his 15th birthday...
From the way our house was rolling, this was a big one...I'm waiting for the USGS to post what happened, and where...
--------
p.s. So, I guess this is good news. It felt really strong, because it was really close. But, it only rated a 4.2. Remember back in the old days when we had REAL earthquakes that shut down the World Series and flattened neighborhoods? But at least I can sleep tonight without worrying whether the chimney will fall in on top of me. Seriously though, I'm glad that we have these little ones, even if they are momentarily frightening. Every little bit takes away from a "BIG" one.
9 years ago
1 comment:
my boss said she saw a meteorite streaking through the sky heading towards san fransisco around the time that this blog was posted.it never disintigrated, just left from her view.
maybe the alien invasion has begun.
Post a Comment