For reasons I'm not going to get into right now, I've been reading through my blog in its entirety this evening. The posts from my weeks of saying good-bye to San Clemente back in December 2005 were especially odd to read, now that I'm back. And I read a post from Jen's blog from the same era that discussed what it means to move overseas, and how much one must give up in order to make a decision like that.
My first week back in SC has been magical. Meeting friends I haven't seen in ages, eating the fish tacos I've been craving for a year, shopping at the grocery store I thought I'd never to go regularly again...
The only way I can explain what I'm feeling right now is this: God asked me to give all this up, and I did. And now he's given it back, and it is even more wonderful than it was before. I always treasured my life here, but now it feels like a magical fairyland. I know this is a honeymoon stage that will fade, but that doesn't affect how incredibly thankful I am to be back. I keep pinching myself. How could God love me this much? Why is He spoiling me like this? What made Him want to overflow my life with blessings like this?
I am amazed, and know not what to say.
9 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment