Friday, March 16

What's going on ...

I realized that I haven't explained clearly my current "life situation" to anyone (including myself). So, here goes a basic rundown:

1. When in France, I decided I would move back to the land of goodness and light, aka the San Francisco Bay Area.

2. I did, and then changed my mind.

3. So I moved back to south Orange County, where I am living in a cute little house which will be razed this summer in order to build a bigger and better version. As of then, I have no definite place to live, although I do have several wonderful people who have offered to put me up for a couple months at a time. Many thanks to the Reillys, Gates, and all others! I'll most likely be taking you up on your offers.

4. I thought I had a three-month job that would give me time to figure out my life. I still might, maybe... hopefully I'll find out next week.

5. I'm back at my old church, which I love, and last night I met up with my old small group who are still meeting together. I am SO thankful for them.

6. I have a couple leads for work, but to be honest I'm not extremely interested. As of next week I'll find out if I need a job now or in June. That will affect how much energy I put into these leads, neither of which are time sensitive.

So, that's the story. The empty lot next door is being prepared for construction. On Tuesday and Wednesday they used earthmovers, tractors and dumptrucks to dig a really big hole. Yesterday and today they have used the same machinery to fill it in. Apparently this makes sense to someone. All I know is that my house has been shaking for four days, and I have no need for an alarm clock. If this noise keeps up (which it will, especially when they get to the framing stage), I'll be more and more motivated to get a job that will keep me away from the house all day.

No comments: