This is SO not like me.
I am totally enthralled with a fictional character! It's ridiculous. Every time he says, "Aye, Bruth-ah" I go positively weak in the knees.
It's not about the actor who portrays him. Although, the facts that he played Jesus in "The Gospel of John" and that his wife's name is "Annie" don't hurt my crush.
Sigh.
I am SO glad that Penny is still looking for him. I'd be heartbroken if she truly moved on. And, I'm convinced that they will all get off that island in the end because of Penny's love for him.
Sigh.
I "appreciate" Sawyer and Charlie (but not Jack--he has too many daddy issues, and is still trying to prove something to himself. That whole Sawyer-Kate-Jack triangle is getting less and less believable as Jack becomes more and more annoying).
But none of them, especially this season, hold a candle to my Scottish Love, whose sacred name I have managed to avoid. :)
p.s. If I ever write another post like this, it will be about Amos Lee, who happens to be a real person, and therefore my crush on him is SO much more embarrassing. Which, if you think about it, probably gives you a little too much insight into me.
http://www.amoslee.com/
9 years ago
10 comments:
i must confess i feel quite similarly to you on the men of Lost. Jack is annoying, Sawyer is growing on me, and Charlie has a good heart. The D-man, on the other hand, does make one go weak in the knees. Sigh indeed.
Married and significantly-attached friends:
Do you tell your significant others about your meaningless TV/movie crushes? Do they care? Do you care if he/she has a similar crush?
One guy from my past was infatuated with the Little Mermaid. (It had something to do with the clam shells.) I thought that was quirky and cute. A different guy had a thing for Jennifer Love Hewitt, which I didn't like.
The guys I've dated haven't wanted to know about my silly crushes. During my Good Will Hunting phase, one guy felt the need to rip on Matt Damon for weeks, even after I told that he and Damon looked alike (which was true!) I guess there's a reason those guys are in the past. :) I mean, if you're going to feel threatened by Westley from The Princess Bride...
I think Aron knows that I think certain characters or actors are attractive. But, truthfully, I really try not to bring it up that often. Perhaps some women think it's fine for them, but for me, I just want to protect his heart; he's my love, not the other meaningless crushes. Aron never talks about any crushes he has and if he did, I think there's most assuredly a double-standard in place, because I wouldn't like it one bit. anyway.
Suz--
Thanks for your honest reply. Your answer is the one I would expect, and the one I have tried to live by since college when I first starting thinking about this. The irritation I caused by mentioning that Matt Damon was attractive made me start re-considering what I share with the men in my life. When I was in high school I was a little annoyed with the guy who was threatened by Westley, but maybe I need to (retro-actively) give him more grace.
In the past I have gotten a different answer from other married women. Do any of the rest of you have a different opinion, or want to chime in on ours?
Until a regular date appears in my life--I'll continue to (semi-openly) swoon over Desmond. It's one of benefits of being a singleton. :)
Sigh.
Ah yes, the fictional crush... not too far removed from the blog crush, if you ask me. :)
Hi friend! I'm back from Poland and now am in the final week of life in LT before my summer sojourn in the States. I'll try to get around to updating the blog one of these days, but in the meantime - I need your mailing address. :)
I know I am wayyyyyyyyyyyyy late in this conversation, but I don't think I was reading your blog this far back... I'm not stalking ya, just looking to see if you'd written a post about "Once". I'm obsessed w/ that movie.
Anyway, this was too interesting not to comment for numerous reasons:
1. I looooooooooooooove Desmond. I will write his name. Yummy! What a great character, so fun to watch, I love his story, and he's my favorite character on Lost. 4 weeks to go, baby!!
2. I had a mad passionate crush on Matt Damon in my single days, to the point of having posters of him on the walls of my classroom (my 6th grade girls called me Mrs. Damon).
3. As a married woman now, I selectively tell Dave my "movie/tv" crushes. We used to play the Friends game of having our 5 negotiables, but he always had a harder time composing his list (me? I'm like, only FIVE?), so I started laying off that kind of discussion so as not to hurt his feelings. Sometimes he overhears me discussing it with a female friend though.
Current crushes - the men who make me swoon:
* Jason Segel, who plays Marshall on How I Met Your Mother. I think I'm in like with Marshall more than the actor who plays him. His relationship with Lily reminds me of mine with Dave, they're just so sweet.
* Wentworth Miller, OH MY GOSH, from Prison Break. The show is a nice diversion but that man makes my heart skip beats. Even typing his name right now. When Dave and I watch this together I have to keep that bottled up inside of me! He'd be jealous.
* Mark Ruffalo. Mmm, mmmm.
* Joaquin Phoenix. OH. MY. WORD.
* And a little Michael Vartan from Alias doesn't hurt either.
Okay, off to think about something else now. :)
Dawn!
You are hilarious. And I don't feel stalked. I feel honored.
and no, a little Michael Vartan never hurts ... :)
I definitely appreciate Jason Segal's character (he's just so cute), but I think Ted is more my style. I need a little irony in my men... But, I totally get that Marshall/Lily are like you and Dave. From what I know of you two, that totally sounds right. :)
Dawn!
You are hilarious. And I don't feel stalked. I feel honored.
and no, a little Michael Vartan never hurts ... :)
I definitely appreciate Jason Segal's character (he's just so cute), but I think Ted is more my style. I need a little irony in my men... But, I totally get that Marshall/Lily are like you and Dave. From what I know of you two, that totally sounds right. :)
Post a Comment