song: Night Train from Amos Lee's Supply and Demand
books: Lipstick Jihad, No Man is an Island
tea: Trader Joe's Organic Mint Melange
albums: The Crane Wife by the Decemberists, and Our Endless Numbered Days by Iron and Wine
language course: anything by Michel Thomas
pain reliever: Excedrin Migraine
foreign movies: Water (from India), Paris Je T'aime (French-American collaboration)
indie movie: Waitress
blockbuster: Pirates III
olive oil: Stonehouse, especially their Persian lime infusion.
9 years ago
4 comments:
we must be on the same wavelength, my friend! i love, love, love anything by Merton. (as long as i am in the mood for a thinking read:) And the Decemberists...man, intriguing storytelling set to music. Love Iron and Wine too...can't wait to see Waitress. So sad about the actress who co-starred and wrote the screenplay...she was murdered before she found out her film made it to sundance. I'll look into Water for sure. Thanks for the recommendations!
oh! also, i see that you added The Professor and the Madman to your reading list. I liked it, but I felt compelled to write down and define every word I didn't recognize...no small task with a book about the writing of the dictionary...he he he. So that was a bit daunting, but still worth the read!
I read most of The Meaning of Everything: The Story of the Oxford English Dictionary also by Winchester, which I guess is a companion to The Professor and the Madman. The Meaning of Everything got a little dry (although I LOVED Winchester's A Crack at the Edge of the World about the San Francisco earthquake), but I saw Professor and the Madman at the library book shop for a dollar or two and decided to give Winchester and the OED one more try.
This entry made me finally learn some html, 'cause without the italics, those sentences were just too confusing!
Another way late comment. just wanted to say I liked Waitress. Those pies were colorful & creative!
Post a Comment