Sunday, October 21

Pray for Pepperdine

Few of you are reading blogs this Sunday morning, but when you read this, please pray for Pepperdine and its students. As some of you know, there's a certain group of Pepperdine students whom I've loved for ten years. (I'm partial to one of them in particular, and I've loved him alot longer.) Anyway, wildfires came extremely close to campus, and it's been pretty scary. All of the students I know live off campus, and their safety and possessions aren't at risk, but they have plenty of friends cooped up in the cafeteria with smoke masks, waiting to be evacuated. Currently, the reports on CNN and other news agencies' websites is a bit behind, but they have to report official press releases which are behind the news you get from college students with cell phones.

So, pray for a bunch of scared students, and for the university itself. They'll need prayers for peaceful hearts for days to come as they continue to process their fear. I've been watching the live video feed on CNN and it's only bad news for Malibu.

No comments: