Eh, as long as you're not going south of San Onofre you're FINE!!!! Good thing the wedding is at the Christianitos exit. We've got 2 local bonfires near San Clemente in Pendleton. Conveniently, one is across the freeway the power plant. That might explain the cancellation of the annual siren test today.
So, what sort of wedding attire matches best with ash? Let's hope for some onshore winds for the day of the wedding!
Wow that is "fires of Mordor"-looking scary! Are you doing okay? How about the Pepperdine kid? You know how overseas news can be - most American natural disasters seem to be covered with a barely-disguised "they-had-it-coming" ethos in the European press!
Amen, sister! I'm thinking I should forego the contacts and be a four-eyes at this event. I'll brush the burning embers out of your hair if you'll do the same for me! :)
I'm more worried about the Santa Clarita fires...I don't want to run into a wall of flames while driving the grapevine.
My mom was feeling bad for Brooke and Matt for the smokiness of their wedding photos, but all that smoke makes for some awesome sunsets. They could turn out to be fabulous photos!
Cool sunsets, when the sun can actually get through. They just canceled all classes at Saddleback for the remainder of the week and let me tell you- it sucks to be outside. I've had a headache since about 6:45am, that's when I left the house to go to school (before it was canceled of course). Two more days for things to clear out, otherwise come over to my house and we can decorate N95 ventilator masks (also known as TB masks) to match dresses. There is always a brightside to be found...
I just watched Anderson Cooper on CNN explain why those masks don't protect you from harmful chemicals or the little bits of gunk that get stuck in your lungs. They only help with the big chunks, and won't help guard against headaches, etc.
On second thought, I don't want big chunks in my lungs. I'm putting glitter on my mask.
5 comments:
Eh, as long as you're not going south of San Onofre you're FINE!!!! Good thing the wedding is at the Christianitos exit. We've got 2 local bonfires near San Clemente in Pendleton. Conveniently, one is across the freeway the power plant. That might explain the cancellation of the annual siren test today.
So, what sort of wedding attire matches best with ash? Let's hope for some onshore winds for the day of the wedding!
Wow that is "fires of Mordor"-looking scary! Are you doing okay? How about the Pepperdine kid? You know how overseas news can be - most American natural disasters seem to be covered with a barely-disguised "they-had-it-coming" ethos in the European press!
Re ARN:
Amen, sister! I'm thinking I should forego the contacts and be a four-eyes at this event. I'll brush the burning embers out of your hair if you'll do the same for me! :)
I'm more worried about the Santa Clarita fires...I don't want to run into a wall of flames while driving the grapevine.
My mom was feeling bad for Brooke and Matt for the smokiness of their wedding photos, but all that smoke makes for some awesome sunsets. They could turn out to be fabulous photos!
You've gotta find a bright side somewhere!
Cool sunsets, when the sun can actually get through. They just canceled all classes at Saddleback for the remainder of the week and let me tell you- it sucks to be outside. I've had a headache since about 6:45am, that's when I left the house to go to school (before it was canceled of course). Two more days for things to clear out, otherwise come over to my house and we can decorate N95 ventilator masks (also known as TB masks) to match dresses. There is always a brightside to be found...
And I'll always save your hair from the embers...
I just watched Anderson Cooper on CNN explain why those masks don't protect you from harmful chemicals or the little bits of gunk that get stuck in your lungs. They only help with the big chunks, and won't help guard against headaches, etc.
On second thought, I don't want big chunks in my lungs. I'm putting glitter on my mask.
Let me know if/when you have some free time!
Post a Comment