Sunday, November 11

Mini-Reviews

Movies:

BEE MOVIE--totally skippable
MARTIAN CHILD--Great!!!

Books:

JONATHAN STRANGE AND MR. NORRELL--I really want to like this book, but I'm stuck around page 220 of 800. It's getting shelved for awhile, and perhaps eventually given away.

5 comments:

The McKays said...

good to know. i want to see martian child; john cusak is a favorite of mine!

Steve, Shan & Jacob said...

Steve and I saw "Bee Movie"--we definitely agree with you. It is a rental. I think no one does animation like Disney/Pixar. Seinfeld should stick to stand-up comedy and TV shows. ;) I can't wait to see "August Rush." That Freddy Highmore kid is quite the actor.

annie said...

Recently, everyone I've talked to about movies has been excited about August Rush. It calls to so many group of people: musicians, adoptees, Felicity fans, Robin Williams fans ... I hope it's as good as we're all expecting!

I've decided that Richard Roeper (of Ebert and Roeper) is a great reviewer...as long as you believe the OPPOSITE of what he says. He thought Bee Movie was great but he "just didn't connect" with Lars and the Real Girl. (He also gave a thumbs down to Pirates!) I'm going to see LatRG this week, because a) Ryan Gosling--which is enough of a reason and b) because Roeper didn't get it. It's gotta be good.

annie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jen said...

See what I told you about "Jonathan Strange & Mr. Norrell" - it's like reading a 17th century Magician CSPAN. I am also stuck, and thinking it will have to get given away; it's much to bulky a book to warrant a ride back to the States in my limited luggage!