Thursday, December 27

Benazir Bhutto

I don't know a lot about Benzir Bhutto, but I always had the impression that she represented hope for Pakistan. When I find a good eulogy/memorial for her, I'll link it here. What a world ...

UPDATE: I've been trying to figure out the Pakistan situation for awhile (as in weeks and months), and I can't get my mind around the situation. The slight encouragement in all this is that no one else: reporters, national advisors, CIA operatives, and even the Pakistanis themselves, seem to understand what's going on either. Not that I've talked with a lot of CIA operatives...

Slate published an obituary for Benazir Bhutto. Christopher Hutchins, the author of the obit, also wrote God is Not Great: How Religion Poisons Everything. He's not all that popular in the Middle East right now, and Turkey is trying to decided whether or not they want to kill him (or, more correctly, Turkey wants to kill him and is trying to decide if they'll make his death sentence political policy.)

Also interesting is the article Ms. Bhutto wrote for the Wall Street Journal earlier this year after an assination attempt that killed 140 others, but didn't harm her.

No comments: