Once upon a time, Jen and I went to Orleans--Jeanne d'Arc's hometown. (She is known to us anglophones as Joan of Arc.) Then, Jen wrote a poem about her, and now that poem is published. Whoo-hoo! Congratulations.
Jen, if my chronology is off, let me know.
10 years ago
5 comments:
You're so sweet to plug me. :) But your chronology is right on... I wrote it in the Starbucks (second floor by the window, super comfy couches that we hogged for hours) on the day we went to Paris and I was too cheap to pay for the Louvre or Orsay (don't worry dear readers, I'd already been to both... I'm not that stingy).
Oh, by the way, I don't know if you saw it, but I momentarily had a link to this: http://www.city-journal.org/2008/18_1_single_young_men.html
posted on my blog, but took it down 'cause I didn't want to seem so bitter, especially since I meant it mainly for you to see!
I'll have to go check it out!
That was the BEST view I will EVER have from a Starbucks. And, considering the French mindset, we weren't "hogging." We were "enjoying." Ooh la la!
Very cool poem--love it! Oh the spelling is "Jeanne d'Arc." Otherwise, it's my husband's name (Jean = John).
Oops! Thank Holly. I'll make the changes. I should know better than that!
Post a Comment