Saturday, March 22

He is Risen!

He is risen, indeed.



(or He is risen in deed. 'Cause, those two statements have slightly different meanings. "I agree with the truth that He has risen" vs. "He has performed the action of rising." FYI. 'Cause I'm a word-nerd.)

John 20:1-18 is my favorite passage of Scripture, and often rises to the surface during Easter season. Maybe sometime I'll discuss (aka, ramble on about) why I love John 20. But not right now. Read it. Think about Mary, left alone in the garden to weep.

However, this week John 1:14 has been floating in my brain. From the Amplified version:

And the Word (Christ) became flesh (human, incarnate) and tabernacled (fixed His tent of flesh, lived awhile) among us; and we [actually] saw His glory (His honor, His majesty), such glory as an only begotten son receives from his father, full of grace (favor, loving-kindness) and truth.


May your Easter-tide be full of favor, loving-kindness and truth.

2 comments:

Dawn said...

Thank you, Annie! Our Easter *was* full of favor, loving-kindness & truth. I hope yours was as well.

Jen said...

Oh Annie - thanks for that. I was struck again by John 20 this Easter at church in Stockholm (seriously, I want to move there. I am in love with every Swedish boy I saw), but anyway... I felt again those words said repeatedly to Mary, "Woman, why are you weeping?"