Tuesday, July 29

Things Learned and Noticed

I just spent a great long weekend with my pals in SC. (That's NOT as in South Carolina...it's the town that redeems the OC). Pictures below document yet another fabulous feast with my girls. But, here is a list of things learned or noticed that I will be adding to over the next day or two:

1. The Faculty is so awful that it's fabulous. Why isn't this a cult classic (or is it, and I'm way out of the loop?). A fellow blogger agrees, but not his wife.

2. Allergies suck. Especially when they cause you to itch and swell and worry yourself into a near panic attack that your throat is swelling shut. Thou shalt not feed me shellfish. Ever again.

3. Pumpkin ravioli with butter-fried sage leaves: edible nirvana.

4. Lesson learned while typing this post: ovens are hot. And now I may have a scar to prove it. Grr.

5. Tomato worms bleed teal.

6. SoCal NPR is better than NorCal NPR: fewer hippie herbalists and droning local historians, more news and conversation. NorCal NPR seems to have forgotten what the N in NPR stands for.

(the list will continue later...now I'm hungry)

No comments: