
A bunch of my girls at school are obsessed with the Twilight series. According to them, it a vampire-romance, and it's pretty clean and completely addictive. Actually, they say "the first book or two are REALLY clean," which makes me think the last two aren't so clean ... anyone out there know anything about these books?
4 comments:
Slightly embarrassed to say I've read the first 2. Just picked up the 3rd one from the library. Liked the 1st one better than the 2nd. Not really into vampire books at all, but these somehow sucked me in...
Betsy
Yeah, I read an article about them. Aparently this vampire falls in love with this high school girl. And because they cannot have sex, they actually have a romance. I have not read one yet (my summer teen pop culture requirement was fulfilled by watching "the secret life of the American teenager." Do you remember that show when we were in high school about a family ---"life goes on???" - or was that the theme song? Anyways the daughter was in love and going out with a guy who had HIV. Thus, the conflict and reason to find other ways to connect romantically. It reminds me a bit of that.
No need to be embarrassed. I think I'm going to read them too. Frightening that it takes something like vampirism or AIDS to keep a teenage couple from having sex.
Post a Comment