I not only saw, but FELT those numbers this morning. When I left my house at 7:30 this morning (woefully late!) the outside temp was 27 degrees. When I arrived in my classroom, the inside temp was 50. Luckily the heater warmed it up for 30 minutes before the students arrived to take their final. Now that they have left, taking their warm bodies and the warmed air out the door with them, it is 60. Burr.
And this is why NorCal and SoCal are very different places. We NorCalers don't whine until daytime temps are below freezing (unlike my Mid-Western friends who don't whine until it is below 0).
9 years ago
3 comments:
And you bet I whined when it was 46 and pouring rain yesterday!!!!
You should see all the hill/mountains around us, covered in snow more than halfway down, with Baldy in the distance totally blanketed in white.
Wow, I don't remember seeing the hills down there with snow on them! Amazing! And I'm a little bit sorry for the shot at SoCalers. A little bit ... :)
No you're not- we whine long and hard to earn our scorn. And love every second of it!
Post a Comment