I just wanted to thank you for the aid you've provided in allowing for creative discussions, outpourings, and the like, in the classroom and beyond. ... How exactly, I'm not sure, but you've made me realize more fully that creativity, as I understand it, can exist outside of academics and have its proper place in the world, provided someone wants to listen, watch, or read what you've done.
These are the emails that remind me why I do what I do. The writer--who is leaving for the military--signed the message:
I'll see you (much) later (maybe).
My heart is breaking a little, especially at the dramatic "(maybe)". I'm good at leaving. I'm not good at being left behind. Especially when there is a chance that the leaver might not return. I've chosen a job where yearly those I care about will be leaving me behind. Ugh. When did I sign up for this?
2 comments:
girlfriend, I can't believe no one commented on this yet. maybe it's as a fellow high school educator... the "I'll see you (much) later (maybe)" line.....!!!!!!stems a lot of emotion from this side of the internet.
you must certainly be a woman of influence in your side of the sphere.
Thanks for the comment. It's greatly appreciated. words just don't always express enough, do they?
Post a Comment