I am in the full swing of grading. Here's a list of student errors. Newest finds on top. Unfortunately, the list will grow through coming weeks. Check back for more.
8. topic: "Sugary Ray Robinson"
7. "He and his films influential to fellow actors, directors, and the American public because surrounding World War II, his values, spirit, and dedication related him to and inspired many."
6. "Rosie the Riveter played a huge part in the Civil War."
5. "Hepburn's cousin, ambassador of Portugal, asked her to give a speech at an international film event in Moscow, China."
4. referencing "famed News paperman William Randolph." Ummmm...pretty sure his last name (Hearst!) is fairly important to mention. And stop referring to him as "Randolph" or I'll start calling you by your middle name, which I'm sure is something horrid like Rudolph or Hepzibah.
3. "the governments control of the economy was unprecidentented in American Society."
2. outline points like "A. What he did. B. Why it mattered C. How it relates to the future."
1. "Hitchcock was influenced by contemporary events, such as the Jack the Ripper murders."
9 years ago
5 comments:
"What he did", "Why it mattered" and "How it relates to the future" are totally viable outline points. Simple, yes. Worthy of secondary school work, no. But can they get some points for cutting through the crap and saying it in 6 words or less?
She got points for correct formatting...
8. To be fair, he was pretty sweet.
6. Wasn't aware that Germany was part of the USA...
3. What ever happened to spellcheck? Or, to go way old-school here, proof-reading?
1. I assume the thesis of this paper was: "Alfred Hitchcock revolutionized American film-making by inventing time-travel."
A for entertainment, though not quite as high a grade for accuracy...
When I passed these outlines back, author of #6 asked: "So, she wasn't used in the Civil War, just in WWI and WWII, then?" And yes, it was in 6th period. Some things (apparently) do not change.
In #3, for some reason, I find the missing apostrophe and errant capitalization just as annoying as the extra syllable. I cannot understand Random capitalization.
New list starting in a week when I get research papers!
No truly remarkable errors in final drafts, except that #4 persisted. Grrr. Making a mistake is one thing. Repeating if after correction is entirely another!
Post a Comment