
So, today was not a stellar day. I won't go into the details, but suffice it to say that I left work because I needed to, as I said to a friend, "go home, lay on the floor, and cry."
But, when I got home I had to walk a block to our mailbox, and Jake (pictured here) wanted to come too. I started dinner, and ... I didn't get around to the prostrate weeping--until I had no choice.
I was lying across the Ottoman, stretching out my shoulder, when my back popped and suddenly I couldn't move without sharp, debilitating pain. I found myself laying on the floor, flat on my back, and the only reasons I wasn't crying was that I found the situation far too ironical, and I couldn't get to the Kleenex.
no moral to the story. just life.
p.s. My back is feeling better--the pain is dull and tight instead of sharp and paralyzing. Maybe by tomorrow it will only be aching. Here's hoping!
1 comment:
Annie -
Bummer of a day, it sounds! I probably should have given you a call since we seem to be playing an interminable game of phone tag, but it sounds like chatting on the phone would've been the last thing on your mind. :(
In other news, I've updated my blog with a new name and added links, including one to yours. I'm now, www.lithuaniajen.blogspot.com. Hope to be in touch with you soon!
Post a Comment