Tuesday, July 19

Santa Barbara

Santa Barbara!
I love this town. Patrice, Marcus and I stayed with my cousin Jen and her husband Adam. They were fabulously generous hosts. Although we were there for something like 36 hours, we still ate at at Paradise Cafe, Pannino's and Palazzios (we weren't purposefully choosing "P" name restaurants..), stopped at four coffeeshops, three wineries, the French Fesitval, the Mission, the pier, Westmont, and saw Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. I didn't think it was humanly possible to do so much, but we did, and were relaxed too!
Adam, Jen, me and Patrice at Paradise Cafe

Marcus and me in front of the mission

a really big magnolia tree at the train station


Chalk drawings outside of the mission: Patrice's favorite was Starry Night with the SB Mission added into the bottom

my favorite was this pre-Raphaelite.


2 comments:

Patrice & Martin said...

Relaxed? Fun yes...relaxed...not so much. Maybe I shouldn't have worn those high-heeled flip flops!

Anonymous said...

Annie, you are quite the tour director, it would appear! It was nice to have you visit our lovely town. I only wish you could have stayed longer!

P.S. You should have seen the chalk drawings when they were fresh--they were so VIVID! Really really amazing. My favorite is the surfer in the wave.