Thursday, September 15

I wish I had taken these...

Here are some photos taken by a co-worker during my most recent trip. I wish I had taken them (especially the first one) and I wish I could have met the young woman in the second one. Below these are a few I took at home.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sometimes I get in moods. I feel the emotion of nostalgia. I think of seasons in life (right now sitting in the Westmont computer lab after getting lunch with my friend Thomas.). What does it all mean? Will we ever know?
Then I come-to and remember that I have a sword in my hand. It’s called the Word of God. If I don’t “gird my loins with truth” I could fall to any word or emotion of stupidity that the enemy throws at me. And oh yeah, I have a mortal enemy who spends every bit of energy to steal, kill, and destroy. And I remember that good is the enemy of best. I’m not fighting for a country. I’m not fighting for a doctrine. I’m fighting for Holiness, for lost Souls, and the Glory of my King. This may sound heroic and romantic but it is just as dirty, gross, and taxing as a day in WWII trenches. I don’t say that to minimize what happened in WWII. I say it to bring the reality of the world we live in. Good really is the enemy of the best. The world is full of injustice because we as hands of God have chosen to tell God the limits of how He can use us. Lord have mercy on us, our generation, and our world.
“Brokenness, brokenness is what I long for,
Brokenness is what I need,
Brokenness is what You want from me.
So take my heart,
And form it.
Take my mind,
Transform it.
Take my will,
Conform it,
To Yours, To Yours, Oh Lord.”

In other words – I love you and Jesus loves you.

Anonymous said...

“For without love, there is no life. And he who does not love, does not know God, for God is love.” You didn’t write that so that people could pick it apart – love really is the greatest thing of all because He really is God. If I know you as well as I think I do, you don’t really care how someone might critique it. And so I see that the purpose of commentary is not really to explain or define but to, in our own words, express the truth found in the words of another. Truth is never without beauty for this reason alone; Jesus purchased us on the cross. Hope brings beauty to all truth. Or rather, hope is the beauty in all truth. Our faith, which is the assurance of things hoped for (Heb 11:1), is the victory that has overcome the world. (I Jn 5:4)
1 John 5:4 (NIV)
for everyone born of God overcomes the world. This is the victory that has overcome the world, even our faith.

annie said...

Andrew--when did you get so wise and eloquent! Well said brother!