Wednesday, October 26

New image

So, as much as I love Mucha (and I do), I'm a little tired of bored Princess Hyacinth representing me visually. So, I typed "annie" into Google images to see what I might get. I was hoping for a good "Little Orphan Annie," Annie Oakley, or Annie Liebowitz image. What I found was actually rather amusing. These are 10 things I have learned:


1. Can we PLEASE find a better female dog name? Daisy. Sweetie. Persephone. I don't care. Just not "Annie."

2. The photo "Annie and Joey" is of:
A) a sweet young mother and her baby boy
B) two (skanky) sorority girls

The answer: C--both. (two photos, same title)

3. Really? A llama? (At least it wasn't a camel.)

4. Annie Potts is frizzy.

5. Annie Lennox = drama queen

6. And then there was the donkey.

7. Annie McKinley, the president's sister and my might-be-but-probably-not relative is buried in Canton, Ohio.

8. Annie Sellick, as it turns out, is not the daughter of Tom, but a French Jazz singer. Apparently her new album, recorded in Nashville, "really swings."

9. Couldn't the Gorilla have been named Bertha? Or Wilhelmina? Or Gertrude. Gertie the Gorilla. So much better.

AND, WHAT I WILL REMEMBER MOST:

10. Of 810 photos: none were of me!

So, you probably have already seen what I chose as a new photo, but as I type this, it's still a bit of a mystery to me. But, I promise, it won't be a llama. or a gorilla.

2 comments:

the isaacs said...

hey now! i ADORE gorillas! Gorillas in the mist is probably my most watched movie. I actually think they are cute and would be proud if any were named Heather! :)

annie said...

I'm sorry...I forgot we had a monkey/primate lover out there. I'm willing to give you the gorilla, but I won't give in on the llama: they're too much like camels, and I HATE CAMELS. :)

Love to Owen! I'm glad his parents like his blanket...and that he might someday too. :)