Today was one of those days I will remember for a long time. My brother David and I escaped work and school and spent a day at the Getty Center. Tonight, as I consider a blog entry, one moment is stuck in my mind...
As we got back to his university after a day of Mulholland-driving and Getty-art admiring, we ran into David's suitemates going to dinner and they invited me along. I found myself sitting around a campus cafeteria table with six smart and handsome young men who love God and love each other. What made it even more special was that I've watched several of them grow up together, and I am so happy to see how God is turning those squirmy, loveable little boys into energetic, compassionate, loveable young men.
Between a debate about proper dipping sauces for mozzarella sticks, and discussion as to why so much fried food showed up on parents' weekend, there were offers of study help, questions about family members, and genuine solid caring. I could say alot about these kids, but David will probably have my head for saying this much. Suffice it to say that I am proud of them for opening their lives to each other and to the great friends they've picked up along the way. They are becoming wise and generous men, and I was honored to share a meal with them tonight.
I am proud of both my brothers. Despite their many differences, they both have huge hearts--for God, for their friends, and for me! I have been greatly blessed.
9 years ago
1 comment:
Isn't it crazy to watch your brothers grow up? I still can't believe that my brother is a mature adult now with crazy responsibilities...I too am extremely proud of him! He chooses to use his abilities to help those less fortunate than him and plans on using the law degree he is currently getting for the greater good instead of just $, $, $. I still think I'll always see him as my baby brother though!
Post a Comment