Thursday, November 3

Updates

Alicia and I went to lunch a few days ago (somebody tell me that France has Taco Bell!), and we were talking about how there is always drama floating around...if our lives aren't stressful at the moment, then we are in the middle of helping someone else through their tough time. We both (and many others) have the tendency to "soak up" our friends' pain and then it weighs us down. Having compassion while keeping healthy emotional boundaries is quite a challenge.

That said, I haven't been blogging much recently because I'm tired of talking about my paperwork woes, and that's about all that's going on (that, and moving, and traveling for 5 weeks solid!).

A bunch of my friends are taking that whole "be fruitful and multiply" thing just a bit too far. I figured out that to have baby blankets ready for each of these infants, I have to knit 900 stitches (10 rows) a day. Will y'all out there slow down please! (And, welcome to the world Kellen Cash. We're glad you're here, but we think your parents would have liked it if you had come a bit quicker. 32 hours of labor! Poor Kelley!

On another note--a poem I wrote was just posted on my church's website (weekly attendance 700-800 adults). It's kinda freaking me out. I get nervous enough with The Expatriate Letters, but very few strangers find that site. For the most part, the readers are like-minded, compassionate friends. This is...different. I don't know if anyone will read it on the church's site, or what they'll think, or if it will mean anything to them... anyway, I'm just feeling ickily vulnerable right now. I know this uncomfortableness is good for me, but it's ... uncomfortable.

No comments: