Let it be known that, for the first time EVER--Annie did not receive a book for Christmas*. From Pat the Bunny to Hugh Blair's Lectures on Rhetoric and Belles-Lettres, I have ALWAYS had something to curl up with on Christmas afternoon. Now, considering the stack of books-to-read next to my bed, I'm not hurting for reading material--but I was amazed. Thanks all--for the music, Morroccan spices, "good smelling goop," and various other presents. Dad's been watching a Law & Order marathon since we finished with the presents, David's been teaching me about Iron and Wine and Sufjan Stevens, and Mom's taking a nap. I'm supposed to be making a pecan pie, but I can't find the pecans. Shep just walked in the kitchen. Mom must be awake.
It was a great Christmas.
*I did receive a book of knitting patterns (Thanks Patrice!), and while I am very excited to have it, it isn't really a book.
And now, a word from a brother:
"I can't believe mom is still sleeping... OOH! books!.." ... said my sister as she found a place in the corner chair with some reading material. This morning I was woken up by annie around 10 am and had to reconcile a dream that I had. In my dream I had woken up at 8 am, opened presents with my family and was soon regretting waking up so early. That was my dream - I was tired. I was asleep and my mind, thinking it was awake, wished it was asleep. The dream is going to be written down in my journal I keep on myself (titled "why I think that I am a little left of sane").
It is four thirty and my feet are getting to hot in my slippers. Merry Christmas.
9 years ago
2 comments:
we love sufjan and roby is getting me into iron and wine...sounds like your bro has good taste :) glad you had a great Christmas with your family, girl. we are having fun here in chat-town, despite the constant raining outside. so far we have had fun unwrapping presents for owen, cooking a sage turkey (all by ourselves!!!) and we just finished eating yummy chocolate fondue! miss you girl, have a blessed new year!
Oh...I'm missing Isaac food... (as well as the Isaacs themselves, of course!)
Post a Comment