Monday, December 19

Heroes

Yes, I am back north--aka "God's Country."

Last week I was really worried about all the details of moving: picking up the trailer, hooking it up to my Mom's SUV (we traded cars at Thanksgiving), backing up said trailer and SUV, loading my furniture and boxes, driving it 7 hours north, carrying all my stuff upstairs... I was losing sleep--literally.

So I prayed one night that God would send me a hero to help me.

Why am I surprised when God answers my prayers? And, in typical God-fashion, he didn't send me a hero. He sent me four. (Actually, five. The lengths my dad went to in returning that dumb trailer were monumental...but that's another story.)

Luke and Todd helped me load up, and Luke (who was born knowing how to do all things mechanical) backed the trailer into my driveway with incredible skill. Then, Jason and Marcus drove me all the way home. All I had to do was act the tour-guide on Friday afternoon and Saturday! I've known Luke since I was 2, and having someone from home help me pack up, and someone(s) from San Clemente help me move back in to my parents' house...it was sweet symmetry.


I'll post photos from our day in the city as soon as I get them from Marcus.

Merry Christmas!

1 comment:

Steve, Shan & Jacob said...

I'm so glad to hear that you made it home OK, and had some good company along the way. I will miss seeing you in SoCal during Christmas ;( Have a wonderful time with your family!