Wednesday, January 25

aka Barcelona

These are D's photos from Ba-Ba-Ba-Bar-ce-LONA!
(to the tune of ma-ma-ma-my Sharona!)

Go ahead.
Say it outloud.
No one's listening.







The first and last photos are of buildings designed by Antoni Gaudi. The bottom photo includes David and David. My brother believes in surrounding himself with other Davids. His cell phone contacts list is hilarious: David S. David M. David H. .... I'm so thankful I'm the kid with the least over-used first name (for our generation).

Although I've only seen Gaudi's works in photographs, they remind me of the work of Hundertwasser that I saw at KunstHausWien. Perhaps not in style, but definitely in imagination. Use these links and poke around the site if you have time...it is a great testament to Hundertwasser's life-encompassing philosophy, but isn't the most dense, compact or efficient site! :) I don't think those adjectives were necessarily positive ideas to Herr Hundertwasser.

Here's some links to photos:

Hundertwasser:

HundertwasserHaus in Vienna
HundertwasserHaus in Bad Soden
details of the Vienna house (I mean, "haus")

Gaudi:

start here -- As Gaudi is one of Barcelona's main tourist draws, his work is all over the internet.

No comments: