So, here are my internet finds of the day:

THE SMARTCAR IS COMING. Almost a decade after the SMARTCAR made its appearance in Europe, it's coming to the US. For all of you who have ever had trouble finding a large enough parallel parking spot (and that would be all of us), this is the answer to your problems. But...
...what I really want is a MINI Cooper. Red, with black interior, and a convertible, preferrably. Although, if for some reason I end up living somewhere colder than NorCal, I'd take the non-convertible and save 4 grand. I believe that all MINI's are stick shifts, which just makes them cooler. I could be wrong--about all of them being stick shifts, not on the coolness factor."Intelligent" Comment of the Day:
"This is one more thing that suggests that through the past thousands of years, societies have changed quite a lot."
--said by an anthropologist-type while commenting on a Stonehenge-like structure recent discovered in the Amazon.
From The Onion:
How did they interview my future self? 'Cause I have some more questions for her. Like, for starters, how she ended up in Philadelphia. I was kinda counting on working at the B&N on Main Street, Walnut Creek. (No, really, for those of you non-Bay Area-ers, it's on Main Street. I'm not making that up.)
Area Woman Fulfills Dream Of Becoming Writer By Getting Job At Bookstore
June 21, 2006 Issue 42•25
PHILADELPHIA—Aspiring novelist Sandy Bellman took the last step in her personal journey as a professional writer last week when she was hired at a west-side Barnes & Noble. "This has been a big year for me creatively, and getting this was the biggest step yet," said Bellman whose hiring, according to sources close to the 27-year-old, will almost certainly be her greatest literary achievement. "After all this time, I'm finally part of the world of books." Bellman is expected to sell her first novel, most likely Khaled Hosseini's The Kite Runner or James Patterson's Judge And Jury, shortly after beginning her training shift next Monday.
1 comment:
Oh ouch... that Onion article reads a little too much like my job for the past two years!
Post a Comment