I bought a purse.
A handbag.
A leather handbag.
A well-loved, vintage, leather handbag from a French flea market, and I paid more for it than I've ever paid for a purse. Even so, it was less than 2.5% of its original retail, and about 50% of ebay prices (I couldn't find my exact purse on ebay, so I'm guessing).
The 2006 edition sells for $14,000-$37,000.*
NONE of those zeros were typos. And mine's authentic. Grandma taught me young, and Grandma taught me well.
I won't tell you want brand it is, but suffice it to say that it's worthy of a Greek god.
And, Momma, maybe I'll let you use it while we're traveling, but only if you speak softly around it and give it the love it demands and deserves. :)
*Due to inflation, the 1970's price was MUCH lower, so don't try to do the math to figure out what I paid. :)
9 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment