Tuesday, September 12

magical mystery boots

I love my knee boots (even through they don't actually reach my knees). I bought them in Budapest, and they warmed me through many a Hungarian/Indiana-ian/French winter. They were purely style in SoCal--not alot of need for heavy footwear in San Clemente.

Anyway, the other day when I was taking them off, I found a bunch of threads caught in the right boot's zipper, and it wouldn't come undone. After pulling and yanking, the zipper finally split open beneath the little handle-thingy, and they were toast.

I've already replaced each zipper, and the boots have seen alot of love over the years. Due to the wear, and the broken zipper, and the amount of room they take in a suitcase, I decided to leave them in France. It was quite a mourning process.

A couple days later, I stood them in the corner to take a picture for this blog posting (that I had already written in my head). I zipped up the left boot--the one that was still zip-able--and then I realized that I was holding the right boot.

It was magically healed! But I had already thrown them out mentally, and I was rejoicing about the extra space in my bags. And so now, I'm actually a little sad that they're fixed.

But I love my boots, so I'll get over it.

3 comments:

Jen said...

Not the boots!!! NOOOOO!

Patrice & Martin said...

Ya, I think it's time to invest in a nice, TALL pair of boots. New phase of life, new pair of boots....that's what I say.

annie said...

Yeah--even with the magically healed zipper, they might not make it home. They've lived a good life, and if I move somewhere warm, I'll hardly wear them at all.