When I'm frustrated about myself, I revisit the Myers-Briggs personality profiles. Today I read:
ENFPs see everyone and everything as part of an often bizarre cosmic whole. They have a great deal of zany charm, which can ingratiate them to the more stodgy types in spite of their unconventionality.
They usually try to use their social skills and contacts to persuade people gently of the rightness of their views; this sometimes results in their neglecting their nearest and dearest while flitting around trying to save the world.
They come up with great ideas, and are a major asset in brainstorming sessions. Followthrough tends to be a problem, however; they tend to get bored quickly, especially if a newer, more interesting project comes along. They also tend to be procrastinators, both about meeting hard deadlines and about performing any small, uninteresting tasks that they've been assigned.
ENFPs hate bureaucracy, both in principle and in practice; they will always make a point of launching one of their crusades against some aspect of it.
Now you know why I blog so much...those horrid small, uninteresting tasks. And watch out for one of my anti-bureaucracy campaigns. They can get ugly.
I am trying to stop flitting around to save the world. Really, I am! :)
9 years ago
6 comments:
Hey! I'm an ENFP as well! That must be why we get along so well. :)
I miss you!
Hey, I miss you too!
I'll be swinging through SB and South OC in January--if y'all are around I'll come through Pasadena too!
Annie.
Oops! I deleted my own comment...what a dork! PLEASE call when you're in town! You bet we wanna get together with you!
Interesting. ENFP, that explains a lot. So, you're one of those FP's, makes the world more chaotic for TJ's.
Chaotic? I think you mean more "whimsical" and "relaxed."
After all, don't we all want:
"to dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free,
Silhouetted by the sea, circled by the circus sands,
With all memory and fate driven deep beneath the waves."
(--thank you Mr. Zimmerman.)
Post a Comment