After all, anyone who can write a song about Decatur, Illinois is pretty amazing, even more so with the lyrics,
"The sound of the engines and the smell of the grain
We go riding on the abolition grain train
Stephen A. Douglas was a great debater but
Abraham Lincoln was the Great Emancipator"
Question: Are you truly "indie," if you are reviewed on CNN?
Hey D--I think I know where you'll be October 9th?
8 comments:
He is quite talented. I read a recent article about him in the latest issue of "Relevant." If you haven't read it yet, check it out.
Yes, that was a good article. Aron saw him in concert last week and said it was amazing; Sufjan is very quirky though. For instance, after every song, he would clap vigorously and very seriously; not sure why...we're big SS fans nonetheless.
I saw the Relevant article, but I haven't had the chance to read it yet. ... I'll check it out when I get a chance.
Sufjan sold out in less than a day- a lot less. and the going price on ebay is 100-200 dollars for a pair of tickets.
I am taking a collection.
roby and i love sufjan...i have a few friends that hang out with him in philly sometimes...jealous! he does seem a bit strange, but the brilliant ones usually do :)
(oh and i was mispronouncing his name forever...it's suf-yan, not suf-jan)
thanks for the note in the mail annie...always love hearing from you!
heth
Other favorite S.S. songs? I have them all on my ipod, but what are your faves??
Dawn--
I haven't been listening to S. S. much lately... last Christmas my brother got his album of holiday music. I liked what I heard, although I didn't give it the attention it deserved. I think he makes good dinner party music: soft enough to not overwhelm the evening, but interesting and intelligent enough to start conversations and fill the in-between moments.
Post a Comment