Tuesday, October 31

un mélange

-
1.
I have Elvis Costello's song "45" in my head. If I'm going to have a song in my head, this is a good one. However, I'm annoyed at the very presence of a song, any song, rolling around in my brain, and it's starting to taint what otherwise is a fabulous song. So I'm doubly annoyed, savvy?
-
2.
I don't remember if I mentioned it, but on my trip to the Baltics, it became painfully (actually, itching-ly) obvious that I was either allergic to Lithuanian cleaning products, or to the neurotic cat (whose name I unfortunately forgot). This last weekend, some friends were out-of-town, and I stopped by to check on the pets. Misty-the-cat was in need of some affection, and after 10 minutes of carrying her around while doing a couple quick chores, I decided that I can use Lithuanian cleansing products with no fear.
-
I shouldn't, however, become a feline owner. My allergy's not severe enough (yet) to avoid friends' homes if they have a cat, which is good. What's odd is that I lived with Misty and her family for two weeks in February, with no problems. Even when Misty slept on my bed for several nights...

I'm actually a little sad. This means I'll never be the crazy cat lady.


3.
In related news, I want to once again post a picture of the love of my life, who I will never see again... (this is when you remind me of his leash aggression, which usually cures my sighing.)

2 comments:

Patrice & Martin said...

Lease aggression, running away down the street, walking around with nasty things hanging from his tail, digging up the potted plants, peeing in the corner by the dining room table, chewing puzzle pieces....the list goes on.

Anonymous said...

Ah... thank you. I needed that.

Although, wasn't George the habitual pee-er? I guess we could as Jen and Mark. I did feel very bad for Jake when George ate the squeaky newspaper.

You didn't mention: his toe-nail-clipping phobia (I still have a scar), getting under my feet while I cooked (although I do spill alot), leaping from one piece of furniture to another, lying in the bathroom doorway while we tried to get ready in morning, barking at crows, barking at neighbors, barking at me, you, George, Maddie, spiders, shadows, and, well... AIR.


good times.

No, seriously, good times.