Y'know how reporters are always trying to bust open the fashion magazines by showing what airbrushing can do? ( Of course, it doesn't work, 'cause people would rather look at idealized photos than reality...we see reality everyday for free, right?) So last night I wanted to try it out myself, and in harsh lighting after midnight (sorry, my vanity required that), I took a photo of myself and messed with it with the most basic photo enhancement tools. And here's what I got. Amazing what a little tweaking can do! Every once it awhile I do this prove that the women in media are actually rather normal looking, and that with the same amount of help, any of us could have the same image. You should try it too: it's a great morale booster.
For those of you who hadn't noticed that my eyes are two different colors, this over-emphasizes the difference. It's really very slight in reality.

5 comments:
I totally never noticed that about your eyes! Actually, even after having it pointed out, I don't see it in the lower photo.
Anyway, I was vanity Googling my name and came across my blog of course, and then I thought of your blog, and I wondered if you'd seen mine, so now I'm vanity posting a comment on this blog entry about vanity. (Hrmm, it's too late for this sort of thing...)
Anyway, if you've not seen my blog, and wanted to see some highlights, here is one of my favorite posts, but unfortunately it's also my longest-winded one. If you want something shorter, there's always this year's Christmas post, or an earlier post that's about as short as I tend to get. (My shortest post is called "The Curse of Verbosity", natch.)
When I saw the first pic, I thought you had posted a pic of Anne Hathaway (the actress from "The Devil Wears Prada"). Then I read on and realized it was you! ;) Has anyone ever told you that you look like her?
Shan--No--I think the only thing Anne Hathaway and I have in common is a first name. :) But I will DEFINITELY take the compliment.
And Ben, I'll be checking your blog soon. I was planning on visiting it earlier, but I forgot where I had written down the address. Thanks for the links.
I can't believe I just revealed the depths of my vanity to everyone I know! :) Yeesh.
No, I think Shannon is right. I always thought you looked like somebody famous, but I couldn't put my finger on it. You could tell anyone that you're Anne Hathaway's sister, and I bet they'd buy it.
I don't know if you think Anne Hathaway is a good person to look like, but I think it beats Penn Gillette. That's him, not me; here's me nine years and fifty pounds ago: click.
Ok, I give in. Why am I disagreeing with people who think I look like a movie star? Great photo, Ben. :)
Post a Comment