Here I go again...blogging late at night. Anything could happen...
This afternoon I did my last (I hope) shopping trip in preparation for my flight across the Atlantic on Monday. Crazy. I feel incredibly calm--almost blase--about the trip since for the first time ever I have no leadership responsibilities at all. I just have to show up! It's kind of a weird feeling, almost like I'm playing hookie. I keep waiting to get in trouble.
My goal, which I think I will achieve, is to get some job applications sent out before I leave. All I have left to do is (radically) update my cover letter. Then I'm done. This job is the one I want, but I know from experience that God usually has a better plan than anything my brain can come up with, so I'm following my gut, and pursuing what I'd like to do with an open hand, knowing that in the end whatever God's got in store is good stuff. (That is a stupidly long sentence from someone who wants to be a writing teacher.)
I don't know if I'll blog again before I leave, but if not, enjoy your first two weeks of February. I'll be enjoying mine. I bought a fabulous floppy straw cowboy hat today. That'll go over well overseas, right? I won't stand out TOO much? As a 5'9" blonde, I'm never going to be able to "hide" outside of the US, Canada and northern Europe. So I might as well own it. Two of my guy friends on this trip are in the 6'5" range...no chance of hiding for us!
A bientot! I'll be back soon, enshallah.
9 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment