Thursday, April 19

Dear neighbor--

While I applaud your industriousness, and your desire to create whatever it is that you're creating, I would appreciate if you would stop and desist all power-tool usage past...oh...say dinner-time. Preferrably by 6 o'clock. I understand that you probably have a "real" job that prevents you from working on your garage projects during the day, but quarter 'til nine is an unacceptable hour for your drill saw to be interrupting my life. Toddlers are trying to sleep next door. Adults are trying to catch up on each others' lives. Who knows, maybe someone is trying to watch the stars in the cool evening air. Let them do so in the peace. And stop interrupting me as I was LOST on abc.com.

Graciously (for now) yours,

Annelise.
p.s. Since you probably don't know my name, I'm the girl wtih the dark frame glasses and dirty Volvo, who sometimes walks the neighborhood in a floppy cowboy hat.

No comments: