I am sitting "alone" on the third floor of our building (which, dear fellow 2nd floor-ers, is in itself weird), near Ray and Marf's old office. I am the last FISer here, and I am missing you all today--the last day in this building.
Scott has been kindly responding to my nostalgic emails, mostly concerning Heather sighs. Elaine (who is on her way to the-country-of-Africa today) and I had our last lunch together yesterday with Pedro's tacos and burritos in her office. I started my time here eating lunch in the photo library, and I ended by eating lunch with the photo librarian.
Yes, there have been many hours of boredom and frustration, but today I am thinking of kazoos, crossword puzzles, bonsai potatoes, Pedro's/Taco Bell runs, Dr. Phil, and Connie's routing lists. I've learned so much here: to capitalize "with" and "from" in titles, that Burkina Faso really is a country, and that a good editor is to be treasured above all things.
So, I'm missing all of you desperately,and I'd give anything to hear a stressed-out-because-she-has-a-last-minute-trip-to-India-and-George-isn't-giving-her-the-info-she-needs Heather sigh.
Sigh.
9 years ago
2 comments:
sighs all over the place :) gosh i miss you...working with you, annie...our coworkers...our work...writing...even editing! we really were lucky to get such a rockin' job in FIS...noone in that building had as much fun as we did! Pedro's...yummo. even though you NEVER felt well afterwards...and gab fests during lunch break at taco bell...and oh! can't forget starbucks, annie! I'm so proud that you finally capitalize With and From in titles! hopefully you treasured my editing skills ;) and...did i really sigh THAT much? geez louise. i certainly don't miss the stressed-out-because-i-have-to-leave-for-india-soon-and-have-no-visa-yet (YOU know how that goes!)-and-have-no-idea-what's-going-on! :) can't forget launching candy from judy's candy drawer over the cubicles at scott/shan/jo...so many memories. i love getting all nostalgic-like :)
I STILL can't eat two Pedro's potato tacos without feeling ill. So, I get one fish and one potato and it seems to work out alright. I'm stickin' to your MSG theory, by the way.
I ABSOLUTELY treasure your editing skills!
And, because of you, I know not to put "writer" as my occupation on a visa application--especially when traveling to India!
I forgot about candy launching!
I've ended three sentences in a row with exclamation points. That's gotta stop.
One of these days I'm going to have to post another message, but I'm enjoying this nostalgia wallow.
Post a Comment