Several people whose blogs I read have recently posted a list of oddities about themselves and then challenged their friends to do the same. So, here's my list:
1. I love raw tomatoes. I eat them like apples, until the only thing left is the itty bitty grey-green hard bit that connected to the stem. But, if a tomato gets anywhere near heat and becomes at all cooked--no, thank you! Yuck!
2. I took piano lessons on and off (mostly on) from age 4 until age 13, but only learned to play by ear last year.
3. Famous people I've met, or passed on the street: Billy Graham, Kevin Costner...um, yeah...that's it.
4. I still laugh outloud at Friends episodes that I've seen over-and-over-and-over-and-
5. When I was sick and had to stay home from elementary school, I would watch 5 of the 6 Thin Man movies repetitively. (I later hunted down the one I'd never seen, and it was pretty dumb--probably why it didn't make our collection in the first place.) I don't know why 1930's-40's comic film noir appealed to 8-year-old me, but it did. And still does.
6. Little brother #1's first word was my name. :)
7. I have moved eleven times since graduating from college seven years ago.
8. My high school math teacher used to get really frustrated with me and my consistent C's, because I'd do all the higher math correctly and then mess up the last bit of multiplication or subtraction. I'm still not sure what 6x8 equals...
9. I've been to 30 countries on four continents--but not Canada.
10. Naturally, I'm a bad speller, but I worked hard to memorize proper spelling. (I learned to read during the California education system's phonetics-are-bad era, so all my reading/spelling is memorized.) I spend alot of time looking up words before I use them--which is why I have so little patience with bad spelling in school or work situations. However, I don't usually notice when there's bad spelling in emails from my friends. Really, I don't! It's weird, but true.
9 years ago
1 comment:
clever post! i will have to copy it. :) i like that you eat raw tomatoes like apples and i find the spelling element fairly facinating. i love spelling and am a phonics girl at heart. 30 countries? wow!
Post a Comment