I just finished the last Harry Potter book. I won't give any spoilers, and will only say that I LOVED it, and that it had me laughing and cheering outloud at different points. I didn't cry at the end, and I'm really not melancholy that it's over. I've read the Narnia series through SO many times, that I know that the magic in these series continues on, regardless. I can't wait to read the whole series again with an "omniscient" perspective. I think it will make moments in previous books more special, more clever, more interesting, etc.
The comments (if any appear) probably won't be spoiler-free, so don't check them if you don't want to know what happens.
9 years ago
5 comments:
dude, you need to post your response to this on my blog; i have several responses already. can't wait to hear what you have to say!
Saddest part was Dobby. Best moment was Mrs. Weasley. I don't think Harry ever "died" just Voldemort's portion. I'd be snogging a whole lot more if I thought I was going to die.
NilNivek--
I TOTALLY agree on the snogging bit. Seriously! I think Harry stuck to the "guy code" a bit strongly when it came to avoiding Ginny.
Everyone--
I've put more extensive comments on Suz' blog (link above with her comment, or on the left under "Chicago.")
liked the book, but was frustrated with the slow middle (all that tent hiding wore me out). it felt like the characters TALKED a lot about what they were GOING to do, and it seemed to take them a long time to get around to DOING it.
favorite parts: cemetery scene in Godric's Hollow, Snape's past, & all of the communication Harry had with Dumbledore at the end.
oh! and the best part: harry going into the forest to meet his enemy with all that resolve (with the encouraging presence of his parents, sirius, etc.). i cried there.
Post a Comment